Slavery Remembrance is a new organisation setup to commemorate the victims of the Transatlantic Slave Trade/African Holocaust and promote International Slavery Remembrance Day (23/08).
Our ethos is to educate, celebrate and inspire with our main objectives being to:
- Commemorating the victims of the Transatlantic Slave Trade/African Holocaust.
- Promoting International Slavery Remembrance Day (23 August).
- Challenging views on Africa and its diaspora as a result of the Transatlantic Slave Trade/African Holocaust.
- Promoting and celebrating the rich history, culture and achievements of Africa and its diaspora before, during and after the slave trade.
- Acting as an umbrella organisation supporting and promoting individuals and organisations whose work focuses on benefitting Africa and its diaspora.