Our Sankofa Badge
Specially designed to commemorate and honour the victims of the Transatlantic Slave Trade/African Holocaust.
Our Sankofa badge is to be worn by anyone who believes the victims of the African Holocaust deserve to be remembered and honoured.
You can now save on postage costs purchase our badges in all good retailers. Visit our stockists page to see our growing list of retailers.
Money raised from badge sales assists in paying for the cost of the memorial
Our ethos is to Educate, Celebrate and Inspire people on the rich history and culture of Africa and her diaspora before, during and after the Transatlantic Slave Trade/African Holocaust by:
- Commemorating the victims of the Transatlantic Slave Trade.
- Promoting International Slavery Remembrance Day (23 August).
- Challenging views on Africa and her diaspora as a result of the Transatlantic Slave Trade.
- Promoting and celebrating black/African history, culture and achievements before, during and after the slave trade.
- Acting as an umbrella organisation supporting and promoting individuals and organisations whose work focuses on benefitting Africa and her diaspora.
[/toggle][toggle title=”Our Company Mission” open=”no”]We believe that the victims of the transatlantic slave trade should never be forgotten. We believe that the world should fall silent for 2 minutes on August 23rd each year, to pay their respect to those victims. We believe the empires built off the backs of enslaved African people and the benefits experienced by many countries to this day should be acknowledged and remembered.
We believe that the African continent had a great and rich history before the European Transatlantic Slave Trade and this should never be forgotten. We believe that each and everyone of us has a duty to play their part in ensuring none of the above is ever overlooked or forgotten again.